Have you been craving creativity but you don't have any advanced drawing or painting skills? Maybe you can draw and paint, but want to learn more techniques for loosening up. Does the thought of handling beautiful papers and fabrics all day sends you into a state of bliss?
In this class, you will learn:
- The Dos and Don'ts of selecting materials so your pieces don't fall apart.
- Interesting background techniques to support your composition.
- How to design a balanced piece that doesn't appear too busy or distracting.
- How to use the right adhesives to create strong bonds without any harsh fumes.
- How to have more control over the color in your piece using acrylic paint.
- Tricks for creating texture and adding depth so your work doesn't appear flat.
- How to work with different weights of paper, fabric, and even found objects.
- How to tie things together so your work appears more seamless.
- How you can bring in personal touches to make your art your own.
This class is fun for all experience levels.
Let go of strict art rules and use pre-printed papers and fabrics with the images already on them. Play with glue, scissors, and paint and get the unique look of repurposed art. Now you can use those cards and pretty papers you've been saving, instead of cluttering your storage!
* Please see the materials list for more information*
Mixed Media Collage and Found Object, 12/7/19
Date & Time:
Saturday, December 7th, from 10-4.
At University Art, 2601 J Street Sacramento, CA